Black and White

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another awful business trip....


Paul is away on business this week. He went to California. I know he is working really hard in support of our family, but somewhere in the back of my mind,(that mind attached to my head and body, which is living in 32 degree weather) he is having fun, talking to old friends and basking in the warm 69 degree weather of moisture filled California. Never mind that he has sat in two long meetings today, I still get these visions of him eating out, staying at the hotel and watching sports without a sweet, loving wife standing in front of the TV. I know when he gets home tomorrow, he will be tired from travel, but not hungry, because they feed him really well in First Class. Laura and I will shower him in kisses and hugs and thank him for working so hard for our family. We really miss Paul/Dad when he is away on another "awful" business trip. Really, it was awful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Business trips can be pretty lonely and dull - it's good that Paul has friends/family to visit with (if he has time!). It might be nice weather outside, but he probably won't get to see what it's like until it's dark! And he probably won't even have any time to watch House Hunters (if he's so inclined). If we see him we'll shower him with kisses for you...

Paul and Susan's NY Historic Sites Mission said...

Oh, I know all of that, but I have that wierd place in the back of my mind that is clouded because of the cold weather here. :)

Kristen Weller said...

I always felt like that growing up- even when my dad's trips were just to Salt Lake for the day. Something about the fact that he is somewhere I am not makes it seem like he is secretly doing all these exciting things!

Jenny P said...

I am with you on this one. I am just in the begining of the busy season, but I did survive another February (Tyler is gone the entire month, except for weekends). And yes, he eats out at the nicest restaurants and comes home and wants oatmeal or speghetti. And all the while I have been eating chicken nuggets with the boys and am ready to go out to eat. But we do LOVE it when he comes home, we too shower him with kisses and then he has two shadows for the next few days!!!