Black and White

Monday, January 5, 2009

We have a long driveway.....



Living where it snows is a new experience for us.  Paul gave me all the tips to driving and stopping in the snow and black ice.  I feel really comfortable driving and getting around in the white stuff now, but we have a really long driveway. Most days the snow has been gone by afternoon carpooling. This happens, because Colorado has a lot of sun!!!!  That is the good news. There is still the fact that we have a really long driveway.  I mentioned that before right? :)  Well, we do. Paul and I were either going to get a snow blower or an ATV with a plow set up for the winter months.   Now the "either" was really never there for Paul. What man would choose a snow blower, right? So, you guessed it, we got the ATV. Now Paul goes to the home of our Honda ATV with snow plow, starts her up and plows the driveway in two minutes. He also does some of the neighbors driveways and some of the street for fun. Yes, we have a really long driveway, but a snowplow makes it another new Colorado adventure for us.

5 comments:

Elaine said...

I sure do miss the snow, but not shoveling it. That sounds like great fun to have an atv with a snowblower attached!!

Unknown said...

Hey Susan! Now you have me motivated to try to figure out my blog too. Well, it was fun looking at your pictures and reading your posts. Man! I have one cute brother....look at him on his little toy!! :-) (Laura is adorable too!)

Unknown said...

Susan, I was wondering if you could clarify something for me...do you have a long driveway? I wasn't sure....(o:

What a great blog! The only problem is that it makes me miss you more. So, there's only one way to fix that! Get on a plane and come back to Cali for just a little while. Please hug everyone for me.

Caroline said...

As someone also suffering from a ridiculously long snowy driveway I wish I had a neighbor like Paul to do our driveway "for fun"!

Anonymous said...

Paul, you're really "stylin" on that ATV. But no helmet, goggles, "leathers", boots, or pads? Californians everywhere would be shocked! We're glad your making the best out of your loooong driveway (and looking so happy while you're at it) Good choice with the new wheels!