Black and White

Monday, January 5, 2009

Leaving California



We moved to Highlands Ranch, about 30 minutes south of Denver, 18 months ago.  This move opened up a new chapter for our family. When we lived in California, we had some great adventures.  Paul and I were born and raised in California, and we delighted in raising our kids there too.  We hiked in mountains of Yosemite and the Sierra Nevada, swam and built sand castles at most of the beaches, visited the Sequoia and Redwoods, explored the gold rush country and experienced all of the theme parks several times. We miss all of those places, but mostly we miss our friends and family. On a trip back to visit, my sister, daughter and I went to one of my favorite beaches.  I stood in the waves and collected sand in a bottle.  Now when I am homesick, I can pull out my bottle of sand and sniff it.  I suppose if I hold a shell up to my ear, while I do that, I will be able to hear the waves too.  I have haven't tried that one yet. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

California misses you (especially your sister in California!) That day we went to the beach was a really fun one. Next time I get ice cream in Capitola I'll have to get two and pretend you're there! :-)