Black and White

Monday, February 23, 2009

Fillin' the Bucket!!!!



Life is busy and can be tiring, what with--school, work, carpooling, budgets, the scary economy, homework, cooking, cleaning and anything else that helps to make up each of our days. There are times when we just need to refill our "bucket." Last Saturday was definitely a "bucket filler!" I am calling it that, because we got up early to do service. You can't help but feel happy when you are serving, right? It sort of picks you up and sets you straight. Well, that is the way it works for us anyway. We went to a Catholic Church near our home to help make blankets for children in need. We did this in October and had such a great time that we decided that we HAD to take part in this again. Paul has become quite the stitcher-man. Laura, Austin and I can tie a mean knot on polar fleece blankets. :) At the end, we all sat together and helped to stitch the "Project Linus" tag on each of the blankets. It was three hours well spent with great people from our Highlands Ranch community. Once again, we all left feeling happy and a little better for doing something for someone else. I am starting this week with a full "Bucket" and this will help me to attack this busy week ahead. Anyone else found something that helps to fill their bucket?

3 comments:

Craig and Kim Mathie said...

What an awesome activity. It is great to see Paul and Austin as "manly" quilters. And of course Laura is so cute as always!

Anonymous said...

Just got back to my computer after being gone, and it's good to read the latest with you guys. I love that Highlands Ranch gets together for such great activities. What a neat place you live in (even though it's far away)! For us here, we often like to "fill our buckets" with secret service projects for our neighbors. But Shhhh! It's a secret!

Scott said...

I like to fill my bucket with ice cream. it always makes me feel really good. the only problem is that it doesn't last as long as a week like service projects, so i have to refill my bucket often. poor me...