Black and White

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Last of the "First Day of School Pictures"


It has been 20 years since I took the my first 'first day of school picture'. For the last 20 years I have taken these pictures of each of the children, dressed in their new school clothes, new backpacks--full of hope of a new year school. Last week, I took one for the last time. Laura, is a senior this year at College Du Leman International High School and so we had to have a picture on the first day. So smile, new shoes and full of hope, her picture was taken and cataloged along with the others....20 years worth of children going to school on their first day. I dropped her off at school and then went home to upload her picture. How can she be a senior already? Where has the time gone? I am already sad that it was the last of first day's of school, but I have a whole 9 months to relish with her until I have to take the last of last day of school pictures. I say, let the relishing begin!!!

1 comment:

Together We Can said...

She is beautiful. I pinned the idea of your child holding their first day of Kindergarten pic on their first day of their Senior year. I thought it will be a long time before I will be able to do that....but I am sure it will fly by. :)