Black and White

Monday, October 10, 2011

GET THEE TO AN ABBEY!




Paul, Laura and I had a great trip with friends, to visit an abbey about 15 min away from our home.


The Abbey of Bonmont is one of the oldest abbeys in Switzerland (1098). It was established on the teachings of St. Bernard.



The restored abbey church was opened June 23, 1995. Since then, it has been run by the Foundation of the Abbey of Bonmont and used primarily for concerts of Gregorian Chant.



We had a fun afternoon, seeing the fall colors and enjoying the beauty of the abbey and surrounding forest. We also had fun collecting walnuts, plums and picnicking near by. We would love to go back for a Gregorian Chant concert sometime.


I am not sure where the phrase, "Get thee to an abbey!" comes from, but I am glad we did. It was fun!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Monty Python?

I love Abbeys. Almost as much as I love the Johnsons.

Sarah said...

Is it just me or have you and Paul lost a lot of weight? You look great, but that must mean you aren't taking advantage of the chocolate...