Black and White

Saturday, February 4, 2012

GOT ICE?





We had a wonderful snow this last week, but 3/4 of a mile down to the lake they were hit with uber-ice. Ice was wrapped around trees, benches, cars, the dock, jetty....well just about everything. Even the sidewalks were covered in ripped ice patterns. It was AMAZING! We bundled up with hats, scarves, warm coats and ice clamps on our shoes to brave the cold and to keep from falling. Here are a few pictures of Laura and I enjoying a morning down at the lake.

3 comments:

Sarah Burgoyne said...

That is really cool! I love how the ice froze on the street signs adn around the trees :)

Sarah said...

That is AMAZING! I've seen pictures from Europe before, but never from someone I know. Holy cow - how cool is that?!

Also, the urinating post has given me much to ponder. I always took for granted that we didn't need those signs here. Thank you for that perspective.

Jennifer said...

That is simply amazing. In studying geography, we never covered this! Pretty crazy!