Black and White

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sans Grocery Bags, but tres bien Francais!


Grocery bags are a necessity in Suisse and most of Europe. I carry a little emergency fold up bag in the bottom of my purse and we gather the other bags from the kitchen shelf when we are doing a big grocery store trip. Four of our bags are from a great travel store in the U.S., one is from Migros (a store here), one from Coop (another Suisse grocery store) and one from Trader Joes (a store in California). Today, Laura and I went grocery shopping at Migros. While getting ready to shop, we realized that we didn't have our bags. I had changed purses and I didn't put my emergency bag in the purse I was using nor did I grab the others. :( Yep, I had to go home. I left Laura with the list and drove the 5 minutes home to get the bags. When I returned she had gotten most of the things on the list. She was even able to ask where a few things were located using her French. Not happy I forgot the bags, but pleased that she felt confident enough to speak French and understand the answers that were given her. Way to go Laura!!!

No comments: