Black and White

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Patience of Paul


I am usually the primary photographer, bargain hunter and meanderer of our family. When I am in someplace new, I choose skinny little back streets to go down, always looking for the unexpected. When street market shopping, to find just what I am looking for, I am just downright slow. I often turn to see Paul, patiently standing by, arms behind his back, leaning on a wall, on a bench or some other place to give me the time and pleasure to explore, photograph or shop. A few times I have taken a picture of my sweet patient husband. They are always candid shots. I like the ones I take when he has no idea that I am taking them. When going through my pictures to sort recently, I found so many of Paul....patiently wait for ME. Here are just four of the many that I have. :) I just love this man and his patient nature, so here is my tribute to the patience of Paul.





I found just what I wanted in a street market in a little town in France. It was a  fish crate and because I found it at the beginning of the day, my dear, kind Paul, carried it for the next three hours.



I found a little skinny street to meander down and some fascinating architecture to photograph. When I returned from picture talking, this is what I found...Paul with his hands behind his back waiting for me and looking at doors or the paint colors. He is a saint!



Paul didn't mind waiting on a bench or two or three as I shot pictures of this old town and of Laura at the ocean front. He sat there guarding all of our stuff!


There were so many pictures for me to take of the architecture of this castle in Switzerland. Before we even went in, I spent about 15 minutes capturing the outside. Paul stood by and enjoyed the scenery, but never once told me to hurry up.


Here is one that Laura took. After a day of hiking with my family we walked down to the village of Chamonix, France. I probably caroused 10 gelato places, before I found what I thought was the best looking and variety. I like that Paul is standing behind us with his hands behind his back. Once again, he never rushed me. When we came upon one that I liked he stepped up to pay with a smile. I have about 30 more pictures like this. I may be sorting and weeding out pictures, but I am going to keep all of his "waiting" pictures. They make me remember just what a wonderful and patient man Paul is.


4 comments:

pattychatterley said...

love the story,,,I need one of those crates!miss the adventures,,,

kels said...

love him!

sumikosblog said...

It's a love story!

Monica said...

This is just beautiful. Paul is as wonderful as you are. Truly a match made in heaven. Sending you hugs.
Love,
Monica