Black and White

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A morning walk in France



Today I started my day with a walk in France with my friend. The woods were lovely and the red poppies were a welcome end to the morning exercise. I even found another heart in the path, which I left in place for someone else to find another day. I did some quick grocery shopping and then I was off to meet Paul. He joined me at our train station to go to our Mairie (town hall) to inquire about yearly train passes. The kind woman there did not speak English. I understood every third word, but we got the gist of what she was telling us. At least we think we did. One more reason to keep working on French.

2 comments:

Lisa S said...

So what was the gist of what she was saying?

The Larson's said...

Beautiful little gift.
I "heart" you!