Black and White

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hedgehog Heaven


I am thankful for our hedge. I saw another hedgehog come out of it today! Our hedge is about seven feet tall and it completely surrounds our home and yard. It is about a 2 feet thick. So, recently the "hedge trimmers" showed up to groom our massive hedge. It was fascinating to watch the men measure and trim the top and sides. It is quite an art. It took two days to finish and clean up. The next day our gardeners came to take care of the side and back lawns and clean up anything that the "hedge trimmers" left behind. After they left, I went out into the backyard to find a hedgehog walking slowly from one portion of the yard to another. When he saw me he froze. He turned his little head to watch me. He was so cute. After about 10 minutes he walked to a shady portion of the hedge and disappeared. If that is why they call them hedgehogs, then I am glad that we have a hedge.

2 comments:

kels said...

so fun!!! now that it's been a year since we moved to switzerland, we keep saying things like "this time last year we were..." and "remember when..." :) we miss you guys and that beautiful country!

The Larson's said...

Cute! I'd love to be able to watch one ambling along in your backyard. Where were they last August?