Black and White

Friday, September 16, 2011

Oh the comfort of the familiar....


There are so many things that are different here, the languages, the streets, the roads, the buildings, TV, the signs, the bugs, the birds (fat), ferrets to see, sheep causing a traffic jam,trains to school, windows with rigged up screens in them, electrical plus, doors, washers and dryers, neighbors, Drs., dentist, laws...well about everything.

Two nights ago, I was looking out the window at about 11PM at night and saw my favorite constellation in the sky, Orion's Belt. It looked just like this picture, but it was turned on it's side. I was so excited. I called to Paul to look. I sat for a long time looking at the stars that make up this constellation. I felt like I was home. All of a sudden constancy and familiar things were there right in front of me.

I have never been so grateful to see Orion's Belt, as I am now. Thank you star friends for coming my way and appearing in full mastery in perfect view of my window. It was the perfect gift to this woman so far away from all she knew familiar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely. (o: I love everything about your Suisse adventure, Susan. I know it must be hard to be far away but what a life experience! I am so proud of you and excited to read about everything you are learning and doing. I love your blog!!

kels said...

Oh, that's so nice! :) I love this post.