Black and White

Monday, April 4, 2011

Girl-bonding RULES!!!


So, with Paul working in Suisse, we are now having a little more mom and daughter bonding time. We are finding that we are watching a little more Jane Austen, chatting in the evenings too late and not going to bed on time, as well as stopping spontaneously for girly treats. The last part not being too good for our girlish figures. :)

...This last weekend, both Saturday and Sunday, was General Conference for our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. For our family, it consists of watching the morning proceedings at home home on TV, from Salt Lake City, Utah. After the first session on Saturday, Laura and I watched the Disney movie, Tangled. Laura had baked up a peach dessert and we sat on the coach, eating it while we laughed at the antics of the characters in the movie. I had a moment to take it all in. I am so grateful for a sweet daughter that I love being with. She brings great joy and so much laughter into my life. I am also realizing that being with her brings more calories into my life. :( I am going to work on that, but girl-bonding still rules!

1 comment:

The Larson's said...

Mother/daughter times are the BEST - so glad you're having such great ones. I'm sure Laura appreciates them too. And you know what? Mother/daughter/sister times are even better!